How to Choose a Soil Wetting Agent
Manage soil moisture with soil wetting agents. These soil surfactants help when soil, regardless of rain, drought or irrigation, is not absorbing, draining or retaining water properly. This leads to unhealthy plants, whether a lawn, landscape, golf course or sports field. Soil wetters help with balanced hydration for plant health.
Soil wetting agents help evenly disperse water through soil. Managing moisture in soil is one of the most important factors for plant health.
Soil wetting agents are soil surfactants that reduce surface tension. Thus, they help water to evenly disperse through soil. Geoponics offers five types of soil wetting agents.
Where to Use Soil Wetting Agents
Soil wetting agents can be used in flower beds, lawns, golf courses, sports fields or agriculture. Choosing the best one is possible by knowing a bit about the conditions and the solutions available.
5 Soil Wetting Agents
Here are the five soil wetting agents with the key highlights of each. For more details on each surfactant, link to their product pages.
Penterra is the fastest-acting soil penetrant for getting water moving throughout the soil profile. It is sometimes referred to as the rain drain and is particularly helpful for hydrophobic soils, slopes, sandy soils and other conditions. Penterra.net
Humawet is a soil wetting agent with humates. So, Humawet offers the additional benefits, such as increased nutrient absorption and improved soil structure, that humic acids offer to soil. Humawet.com
Duration is the most economical soil wetting agent. It has the benefit of not needing to be watered in immediately, making it a great choice for a home owner or in places without irrigation. Duration on ShopGeoponics
Profasorb is the soil wetting agent chosen for fertigation systems and is most economical for use on golf courses or similar locations. Profasorb.com
HydraHawk is a soil wetting agent made of plant extracts and for this reason is preferred by many for its natural ingredients. HydraHawk.com
- Buy Now on ShopGeoponics.com
- Purchase in stores at lawn and landscape distributor locations across the U.S.
- Call 1-877-ECO-GROW for larger quantities and amounts, such as pallets and drums.
Additional Benefits of Soil Wetting Agents to Manage Soil Moisture
– Increase drought tolerance
– Improve water drainage and penetration through soil
– Increase water retention
– Optimize water usage
– Conserve water
– Overcome water restrictions by utilizing water more effectively
– Improve drought tolerance
– Increase heat tolerance
– Increase nutrient uptake in soil
– Improve soil structure, oxygen and microbes
– Correct Localized Dry Spot
– Improve effectiveness of watering and irrigation
– Improve infiltration rate when watering whether for golf, sports field, lawn or garden
Signs You Ned to Manage Soil Moisture with a Soil Wetting Agent
– Hydrophobic soil
– Water sits on top of soil
– Water drains out the side and the bottom of planters, hanging baskets or pots
– Sandy soil
– Compacted Soil
– Soil shows water repellency
– Dry lawn or brown grass
– Dry plants
– Water puddles on surface
– Plants, lawns or landscapes seem to be requiring more frequent watering
– More water is being applied but plant health is deteriorating
– Dry Spot or LDS in a lawn or turfgrass surface, such as golf course or playing field